- 07 Mar 2023
- 1 Minute to read
- Updated on 07 Mar 2023
- 1 Minute to read
After all interview stages with a job candidate were completed, the candidate was accessed, and the job offer was sent and accepted, the candidate is ready to be hired. A candidate can be hired earlier, at any stage, if necessary. Hiring a candidate can either launch an on-boarding process or create a new employee.
You can hire a candidate in the HR or Local HR role, but not in the Manager or Recruiting Manager role.
To hire a candidate:
- In the HR or Local HR role, open the Candidate Tracking page (go to Recruiting > Candidates > Candidates or go to Recruiting > Job Openings, open a job opening, and then click Candidates).
- Next to a candidate you want to hire, click Actions > Hire (the action is available only for the HR and Local HR roles).NoteTo hire multiple candidates at once, select several candidates, and then click Batch Action > Hire.
- On the Process Candidates page, fill in the following fields:
- Set Candidate Status - Set a candidate status corresponds to the hired candidate. E.g. Hired (internal code ACCEPTED) Note
- Notes - Optionally, type a note about the candidate.
- Manager - Optionally, specify a line manager for the hired employee.
- Generate Letters - Select an email that will be sent to the candidate if necessary. This option is useful if a candidate is rejected.
- Set Candidate Status - Set a candidate status corresponds to the hired candidate. E.g. Hired (internal code ACCEPTED)
- Click Create Employee to create a new employee from the candidate or Start Process to launch an on-boarding process. If you start an on-boarding process, an employee record will be created upon the process completion.
In case you selected to start a new process, the OnBoarding page will be opened where the new starter has been added (the OnBoarding page can also always be accessed by clicking Core HR > Processes > OnBoarding).