- 28 Feb 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Set up Locations
- Updated on 28 Feb 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
The locations are the cities or the physical addresses where the company offices are located. Similarly to countries, they can be assigned to the organizational units. If employee's location is different from that of his or her org unit, you can specify the location for the employee directly. Use the locations for data filtering and sorting, as well as launching the salary review and performance review processes in Lanteria HR.
Follow these steps to create locations:
- Go to Settings > Settings and Configuration > Core HR.
- Click Org Structure in the left panel and click Edit next to the Locations setting name on the Basic tab.
- The Locations list will open in spreadsheet view where you can directly edit the information you need.
- Another way of editing the location properties is to either click on the location name or select Edit Item from the list item menu.
This will open the location details form in the edit view where you can make all the necessary modifications. To create a new location, select New Item.
- Specify the location name in the Location field. This is the only mandatory field.
- Optionally, you can specify additional information about location:
- Location Code – Specifies the code of the location that will be used to identify it in Lanteria HR.
- Description – Specifies a description of the location.
- Address – Specifies the address of the location.
- Address 2 – Specifies additional address details if necessary.
- City – Specifies the city of the location.
- State – Specifies the state of the location in case this is applicable.
- Zip Code – Specifies the zip code of the location.
- Phone – Specifies the phone number that can be used to contact this location.
- Fax – Specifies the fax number of this location.
- Time Zone – Specifies the time zone that defines the time adjustment in the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) standard for this location. Specifying a time zone is recommended so that, for example, interview appointments with job candidates were created with adjusted time taking into account the interviewee's location if necessary. Additionally, the location time zone is displayed in the training schedule in the training details when a training is scheduled for a location with a specified time zone. This helps training attendees plan their training attendance taking into consideration the time adjustment in case their location is different from the training's location.
- Selecting the Is Inactive check box will make this location unavailable for selection in Lanteria HR and remove it from statistics on dashboards. Use this check box to temporarily disable the location from usage.
- Click Save to save the changes.