- 03 Mar 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Create Workflows (Zaps)
- Updated on 03 Mar 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Log in to your Zapier account, and then click Make a Zap. The process of creating a zap consists of the following major steps. For detailed information, refer to the Zapier documentation on how to create zaps.
1. Add a trigger
The trigger defines when an action(s) is performed.
For the trigger, you need to specify the following:
- Choose your trigger app: the Zap will be triggered by an event that occurs in this app:
- Select the Lanteria HR app if you want an action in another application to be triggered by an event in Lanteria HR.
- Select any other application if you want an event in that application to trigger an action in Lanteria HR.
- Select your trigger event: this will be the event that occurs in the selected app that triggers the Zap. If you selected the Lanteria HR app, the following events are available as triggers:
- Modified/Created Employee – This event triggers when a new employee is created or modified.
- Modified/Created Employee Salary Details – This event triggers when employee salary details are created or modified.
- Select your app account: select or connect the specific app account to use in the Zap trigger.
- Set up your trigger: set up your trigger options to fit your needs.
- Test your trigger: test your trigger to see if it pulls in the right data.
When your trigger is set up successfully, a green check mark icon will appear in the top left of the step.
2. Add an action
An action is what will be done when the specified event is triggered.
- Choose your action app: the Zap will perform an action in this app when it is triggered:
- If you chose the Lanteria HR app in the trigger step, choose any other app here.
- If you chose any other app in the trigger step, choose the Lanteria HR app here.
- Select your action event: this will be the event that the Zap performs in the selected app when it is triggered. If the action is in the Lanteria HR app, the following events are available:
- Process Employee – Creates or changes the employee.
- Process Employee Salary Details – Updates the salary details of an employee
- Select your app account: select or connect the specific app account to use in the Zap action.
- Set up your action: set up the data that you want to send over to your action app
- Test your action: test your action to see if it's working as expected.
When your action is set up successfully, a green check mark icon will appear in the top left of the step.
3. (Optional) Add more actions
You can customize your Zap further with any of the following:
Additional action steps: to add more actions, click the + icon after a step.
Search steps: use a search step to find existing data in your apps.
Filters: add filters to restrict your Zap from running unless certain conditions are met.
Formatter: add Formatter steps to format data in a Zap, such as editing text or changing a date format.
Delay: add a delay between Zap steps.
Paths: add paths to perform different actions in your Zap based on different conditions (Professional plans and above).
4. Name your Zap
To easily identify your zap on your dashboard, give it a name. In the upper left, click Name your Zap and enter a new name.
To add more information about your Zap, give your Zap a description. In the right sidebar, click the gear icon to open the Settings tab, then enter your text in the Description field. Your changes will be saved automatically.
5. Turn on your Zap
In the upper right corner, click to toggle the switch ON.