- 28 Sep 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Create Learning Group
- Updated on 28 Sep 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Follow these steps to create a learning group:
- Go to Settings > Settings and Configuration > Learning.
- Click Learning Groups in the left panel and click Edit next to the Learning Groups setting name on the Basic tab.
- The Learning Group Management page will open. Click Add Group.
- In the page that opens, enter the learning group name into the Learning Group field.
- Use the following fields to include employees into the learning group. In the Employees field select employees individually. You can also include the employees of some company(s), country(ies), location(s), org unit(s), job role(s), or employment type(s). Please note that the employees that meet at least one of the selected criteria will be included into the group. For example, if you select Sweden as a country and Sales Representative as a job role, all the employees from Sweden and all the employees with the job role Sales Representative will be included into the learning group.
- Under Exclude Employees, you can choose criteria by which the employees will be excluded from the group. For example, you want to create a learning group for all the employees from Sweden, but excluding CEO and CTO. You select Sweden in the Country field under the learning group name. Under Exclude Employees, the Job Role field, select CEO and CTO. If you want to exclude some employees irrespectively of any criteria available under Exclude Employees (for example, you have a newcomer for whom the learning being planned is irrelevant), this can be done after creating the group.
- Click Save to save the group. You can view the employees that have been included into the group and if required, manually exclude the employees by clicking Exclude in the Learning Group Management page.
After clicking Exclude, the employee is moved to the Manually Excluded Employees tab, from which he or she can be brought back by clicking Include.