- 17 May 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 17 May 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
By clicking Settings > Settings and Configuration > Core HR and opening the Countries list, the user can set up countries where the company and its branches are operating. The countries created here can then be assigned to organizational units and employees to define where these are located. You can use the countries for filtering data in the reports and lists, assigning a course, launching a performance review or salary review.
The following settings can also be defined based on country:
- Absence plans
- Salary ranges
- Salary calculations for the hourly paid employees
- Absence and timesheet settings
To create a country, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Settings and Configuration > Core HR.
- Click Org Structure in the left panel, and then click Edit next to the Countries setting name on the Basic tab.
- The Countries list will open in spreadsheet view where you can directly edit the information you need.
- Another way of editing the countries properties is to either click on the country name or select Edit Item from the list item menu.
This will open the country details form in the edit view where you can make all the necessary modifications.
- Enter the country name into the Country Name field.
- Enter the number of payable months for the country into the Annual Months of Pay field. This is relevant for countries that have an official 13th salary. This number will influence salary budget calculations.
- Enter the number of working hours per standard week into the Work Hours per Week field. Based on this setting, the annual base salary is calculated if the Pay Frequency is set to Hourly. The calculation is performed according to the following formula: base salary rate * work hours per week * number of weeks in a year * employee FTE.
- Enter the number of working hours per standard day into the Work Hours per Dayfield. This setting is used in Time and Attendance to:
- Calculate the number of hours in the absence day.
- In timesheets, this field defines the planned number of hours for the day.
- If the absences are set up to be copied to the timesheets (Settings > Timesheets > Timesheets Absence Mappings), the number of hours for the timesheet record is calculated based on Working Hours per Day.
- Select the currency used in this country from the drop-down list in the Currency field. The currencies for the list are set up in Compensation > Currencies.
- If necessary, enter the ISO code of the country into the ISO Code field.
- If you want to temporarily disable this country, which will make it unavailable for usage and remove it from statistics on dashboards, select the Is Inactive check box. Clear this check box to make the country available for usage again.
- Click Save.